Monday 24 June 2013

Our Time of Gifts

I'd hoped that giving something away each week might bring new friendships to our door. And deepen the bonds we already have with our friends, family and neighbours.

But I never realised a small amount of sharing could save lives.

Our Time of Gifts is my year-long adventure in collaboration, or sharing. Each week, I will loan or give something away, then write about it.

I'll also try to borrow an item, receive a gift, or take advantage of someone's skills. Not necessarily in return, as this isn't an experiment in bartering. Instead, I want to explore, through stories on this blog, the difference that regular collaboration makes to my family, our friendship circles, our pockets, and our happiness.

Does sharing happen spontaneously, or can it be helped along by some of the new schemes that are springing up on the internet or elsewhere?

By the end of this year, I'm hoping to have some answers. And a whole load of incredible stories to tell.

Some of these stories will be opinion-based; others will be 'factional' accounts, stories inspired by real events.They will all say something about today's society, and the people that live in it.

Follow me to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment